Huntingdonshire Regional College students recognised at awards ceremony
STUDENTS at Huntingdonshire Regional College recognised for their outstanding achievements at an awards ceremony at the Marriott Hotel in Huntingdon on July 4.
The College commended over 35 students for their hard work, achievement and progression within their particular course.
There were also special awards for students who achieved despite challenging circumstances.
Tim Leathes, project manager for Urban and Civic Enterprise Development, was guest speaker for the evening.
He spoke to students about his career and the new Enterprise Zone being built at Alconbury.
You may also want to watch:
The evening also saw students, past and present, give presentations about their experiences of studying at the College.
Among the speakers was winner of the East of England VQ Award, Corrine Patmore, and students from the Sports and Exercise Sciences course who spoke of their recent visit to The Gambia.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 3 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 4 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 5 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 6 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 7 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 8 'Trolley waits' hit high for trust that oversees Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 9 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 10 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
College principal, Susanne Stent, told The Hunts Post: “The awards ceremony was a fantastic evening with students’ families and friends, staff and local businesses attending to celebrate the fantastic achievements of our students.
“The College achieved record success rates last year and we are on track to break this record again this year, showing that we are an exceptional place to study.”
The event was attended by the local businesses which sponsored individual awards and donated prizes to winners.
The College thanked sponsoring companies for their support.