Huntingdonshire primary school pupils decorate hospital
- Credit: Archant
CHILDREN from five primary schools have created works of art to decorate Hinchingbrooke hospital’s corridors and courtyards.
Pupils from Brington, Hemingford Grey, Cromwell Park, Somersham and Swavesey primary schools took part in the Young Arts Project, organised by the Huntingdon branch of the National Association of Decorative and Fine Arts Societies (NADFAS).
Jenny Williams, head of staff engagement and communications at Hinchingbrooke Hospital, said: “We’re delighted to be able to support this project. It’s great for children to feel that they’re able to help their local hospital and to understand the positive benefits that their artwork can have on those feeling unwell.
“They also get a real sense of pride from seeing their artwork on display, as well as a greater understanding of what happens within a hospital, helping to break down any fears and anxieties that they may have in case they’re ever unwell themselves and need to come to hospital in the future.”
A launch party was hosted by the hospital on Thursday, June 13 for the schools and the children were treated to party food, courtesy of the hospital’s catering team.
They also took part in a competition to design a logo and to suggest a more fitting and inspiring name for the project in the future.
Non-Executive director of Hinchingbrooke Hospital and member of Huntingdon NADFAS, Jill Challener said: “Seeing the paintings mounted on the walls of the hospital has made people stop and look, and smile.
- 1 New Toolstation branch to open in Huntingdon
- 2 Bosses warn of 'choppy waters' ahead for health trust
- 3 RSPCA investigating 'welfare of beagles' at Huntingdon dog breeding unit
- 4 Pupils enjoy early jubilee celebration with all things royal
- 5 Nursery rated inadequate after inspectors said safety was 'compromised'
- 6 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 7 New organic coffee shop opens in St Neots
- 8 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 9 Woman who could barely walk is taking part in cycling event after shedding 19 stones
- 10 Find out what's happening in Huntingdonshire for the Queen's Jubilee?
“They provide a feel good factor which is appreciated by all ages. We look forward to recruiting more of our local schools over the next year or two.”