Huntingdonshire pre-school has eye-catching way to promote fundraiser
- Credit: Archant
Members of Buckden Pre-School’s Playgroup committee came up with an eye-catching way of drawing attention to their charity ball.
Dressed in their ball gown finery, a group of mums visited the RAF Wyton base for Magpas, one of the good causes which will benefit from the event in May.
They posed for photos with Magpas helimedix Dr Jon Birks and Dr Nick Scott and the life-saving charity’s helicopter.
Committee member Justine Clark said: “We had a fabulous time and look forward to raising lots of money for such a fabulous cause. They said a lot of people have their photo taken with the helicopter – but not usually in their ball gowns.”
Another mum, Elaine Scott, added: “It was good fun and interesting to find out about the work they do and really got us fired up for the ball.”
You may also want to watch:
Proceeds from the ball, being held at Buckden Village Hall, will go to the pre-school and towards buying a ventilator for Magpas.
The ball will be held from 7pm-midnight on Saturday, May 17. Tickets are £40 each or can be bought for a discounted rate for a table of 10. To book, call Claire Gill on 07919 036444. For more on the pre-school, visit www.buckdenpreschool.co.uk.
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 4 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 5 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 6 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 7 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 8 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder
- 9 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
- 10 Manager of BID Huntingdon is retiring after 11 years of service