Huntingdonshire pre-school has eye-catching way to promote fundraiser
- Credit: Archant
Members of Buckden Pre-School’s Playgroup committee came up with an eye-catching way of drawing attention to their charity ball.
Dressed in their ball gown finery, a group of mums visited the RAF Wyton base for Magpas, one of the good causes which will benefit from the event in May.
They posed for photos with Magpas helimedix Dr Jon Birks and Dr Nick Scott and the life-saving charity’s helicopter.
Committee member Justine Clark said: “We had a fabulous time and look forward to raising lots of money for such a fabulous cause. They said a lot of people have their photo taken with the helicopter – but not usually in their ball gowns.”
Another mum, Elaine Scott, added: “It was good fun and interesting to find out about the work they do and really got us fired up for the ball.”
Proceeds from the ball, being held at Buckden Village Hall, will go to the pre-school and towards buying a ventilator for Magpas.
The ball will be held from 7pm-midnight on Saturday, May 17. Tickets are £40 each or can be bought for a discounted rate for a table of 10. To book, call Claire Gill on 07919 036444. For more on the pre-school, visit www.buckdenpreschool.co.uk.
- 1 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 2 Police ‘increasingly concerned’ for woman missing since Wednesday
- 3 Huntingdon man due in court on drug charges
- 4 Jail for Huntingdon man who threatened to kill woman
- 5 New bus service launched to serve Hunts villages
- 6 Read the fascinating history of The Old Bridge Hotel
- 7 Zip-shaped mark on Rikki's body came from his anorak – the one used to strangle him, court told
- 8 Man who died on A1 at Sawtry is named
- 9 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 10 Serious case review launched into death of Teddie Mitchell