Huntingdonshire police officer catches fire suspect
- Credit: Archant
AN OFF duty police officer chased and caught a youth after a fire was started in Little Paxton on Saturday night.
The officer called fire services at 9.23pm while in pursuit of one of two youths he saw at the scene of the fire at the village hall in Gordon Road.
The off duty officer managed to catch one of the youths but the other managed to escape.
Firefighters arrived at the scene at 9.31pm and had extinguished the small fire by 9.40pm. The building was not damaged.
A 15-year-old boy has been charged with arson and another boy, 14, has been charged with arson and suspicion of possessing a class B drug.
You may also want to watch:
Both were arrested but released on bail awaiting court proceedings.
INFORMATION: Anyone with any information about the fire should call police on 101.
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 3 Award for teenager's bravery after losing his sight
- 4 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 5 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 6 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 9 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 10 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge