Huntingdonshire man in hospital after gang attacks him in own home
A MAN was left with serious injuries after he was attacked in his home by a gang of five men last night (Wednesday).
The 53-year-old was at home in Meadow Drove, Earith, when the men broke in just before 10.15pm. The men, wearing balaclavas, assaulted him and demanded money.
The men were told he didn’t have any money and stole his grey Toyota Hilux to get away, just to abandon it just 400 metres down the road.
The victim was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital, Cambridge, with serious but not life threatening injuries. He remains in a stable condition.
Det Sgt Leigh Allman said: “I am keen to hear from anyone who has any information about this incident or the men responsible.
You may also want to watch:
“At this stage we are treating this as an isolated incident but have increased patrols in the area as a precaution.”
INFORMATION Anyone with information should call police on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111. Alternatively e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 3 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 4 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 5 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 6 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 7 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 8 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 9 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 10 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity