Huntingdonshire man arrested in operation into indecent pictures of children
- Credit: Archant
A Huntingdonshire man has been arrested as part of a National Crime Agency (NCA) operation into indecent images of children.
The 34-year-old was one of four people in Cambridgeshire and 24 people in total in the joint operation between the NCA and Cambridgshire, Bedfordshire, Hertfordshire, Norfolk and Suffolk police forces.
Those arrested are suspected to be involved in the distribution of indecent images of children.
Three other men, aged 30, 44 and 41, were also arrested in Cambridgeshire. All four have been bailed.
A large number of computers and other electronic devices have been seized and will be examined.
Andy Baker, deputy director of the NCA’s Child Exploitation and Online Protection Command, said: “The possession of indecent images of children is a form of child sexual exploitation that requires no direct interaction with a victim, but causes considerable harm to those who are depicted.
“The National Crime Agency will work tirelessly, with partners both within the UK and overseas, to ensure those who pose a risk to children are identified where a crime has been committed, held accountable for their actions.”
- 1 Cambridgeshire zoo 'devastated' following death of white Bengal tiger
- 2 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 3 Public meeting to discuss Luton aircraft stacking system
- 4 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 5 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 6 Find out what's happening in Huntingdonshire for the Queen's Jubilee?
- 7 East West Rail host public event to discuss controversial project
- 8 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 9 'We must urgently plan to produce more food'
- 10 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
Detective Sergeant James Weston added: “We are pleased to be assisting the NCA in this operation and will continue to target those suspected of making and downloading indecent images of children.”