Huntingdonshire man arrested in operation into indecent pictures of children
- Credit: Archant
A Huntingdonshire man has been arrested as part of a National Crime Agency (NCA) operation into indecent images of children.
The 34-year-old was one of four people in Cambridgeshire and 24 people in total in the joint operation between the NCA and Cambridgshire, Bedfordshire, Hertfordshire, Norfolk and Suffolk police forces.
Those arrested are suspected to be involved in the distribution of indecent images of children.
Three other men, aged 30, 44 and 41, were also arrested in Cambridgeshire. All four have been bailed.
A large number of computers and other electronic devices have been seized and will be examined.
You may also want to watch:
Andy Baker, deputy director of the NCA’s Child Exploitation and Online Protection Command, said: “The possession of indecent images of children is a form of child sexual exploitation that requires no direct interaction with a victim, but causes considerable harm to those who are depicted.
“The National Crime Agency will work tirelessly, with partners both within the UK and overseas, to ensure those who pose a risk to children are identified where a crime has been committed, held accountable for their actions.”
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 3 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 4 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 5 Drink driver arrested in Brampton for being four times over the legal limit
- 6 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 7 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 8 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 9 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor
- 10 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
Detective Sergeant James Weston added: “We are pleased to be assisting the NCA in this operation and will continue to target those suspected of making and downloading indecent images of children.”