Huntingdonshire: Last chance to win Drive Safe lesson for free
IT is perhaps the only stretch of six-lane motorway in Huntingdonshire where there is no danger of a snarl-up and one lucky winner will have the chance to drive it for free.
As part of The Hunts Post’s Drive Safe, Save a Life Campaign, we have teamed up with Alconbury Driving Centre to offer one youngster aged 15 or 16 the chance to take part in a free driving course specially designed for those too young to hold a driving licence.
The aim of the one-to-one, three-hour programme with a DSA-approved instructor, is to give teenagers a chance to learn the basics and vital road safety.
At the centre’s private driving circuit in Alconbury Airfield, you will encounter junctions, traffic lights, pedestrian crossings and roundabouts.
And there will also be an opportunity to test out the top speeds and learn vital life-saving skills at the centre’s mile-long, six-lane motorway, which is used regularly by Cambridgeshire Police for training purposes.
Since January, The Hunts Post, along with our sisters papers in Cambridge and Ely, has been campaigning to end fatal collisions among young people on Cambridgeshire’s roads.
Every day two people aged between 17 and 25 are killed on Britain’s roads. In 2010, 12 young motorists in Cambridgeshire died following accidents.
- 1 The Real Pie Company has opened in Huntingdon
- 2 Drugs uncovered in Huntingdon home
- 3 Drug Dealer from Huntingdon has been sentenced
- 4 London Luton Airport and NATS will go ahead with Huntingdonshire flight path
- 5 Crafty Monkey is encouraging people to shop local this winter
- 6 Steve's Taxis has donated more than £20,000 to Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 7 Councillor wants apology for Nadine Dorries 'misogynist' tweet
- 8 Christmas Light Switch On's are back this year
- 9 Man dies following crash on A1198 near St Ives last month
- 10 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
The course costs �99 but you could win a free session by answering this question: Where is Alconbury Driving Centre’s private circuit?
Send your answer to Drive Safe Programme 16 Competition, The Hunts Post, 30 High Street, Huntingdon PE29 3TB or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Delays caused by the bank holiday means the closing date has been extended to Friday, May 13. Usual Archant competition rules apply.