Power restored to Huntingdonshire homes after outage
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds of homes across Huntingdonshire have had their power restored after a power outage earlier this afternoon (Monday).
Areas including St Ives, Warboys, Yaxley and Stukeley Meadows were believed to have bene affected by the power cut according to UK Power Networks.
Complaints of homes without power in the area were reported at 2.49pm and were resolved at 4.30pm.
It is understood, however, that a three postcodes in the St Ives area are still affected by the outages.
It is thought that the reasoning for the power outage was due to a faulty electricity cables.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for UK Power Networks said: “An underground electricity cable faulted on our high voltage network, causing an area wide power cut.”
- 1 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village
- 2 Parking issues in Huntingdon are a 'safety hazard' says community chairman
- 3 Two men to appear in court to face aggravated burglary charges.
- 4 Villagers call for action after 'worst floods in years'
- 5 Man who spent Christmas alone in intensive care proposes to girlfriend
- 6 Harrowing video warning from seriously ill 20-year-old who survived Covid
- 7 Child rescued from floodwater in Godmanchester
- 8 24-hour speaking event supports mental health charity
- 9 First patients in St Ives to receive Covid-19 vaccination
- 10 Letter of the Week: 'Could we sue stores who don't enforce mask wearing'?