Power restored to Huntingdonshire homes after outage
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds of homes across Huntingdonshire have had their power restored after a power outage earlier this afternoon (Monday).
Areas including St Ives, Warboys, Yaxley and Stukeley Meadows were believed to have bene affected by the power cut according to UK Power Networks.
Complaints of homes without power in the area were reported at 2.49pm and were resolved at 4.30pm.
It is understood, however, that a three postcodes in the St Ives area are still affected by the outages.
It is thought that the reasoning for the power outage was due to a faulty electricity cables.
A spokesman for UK Power Networks said: “An underground electricity cable faulted on our high voltage network, causing an area wide power cut.”
- 1 Missing woman back home
- 2 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 3 Pastor in freedom of speech and job fight over Pride tweet
- 4 Huntingdon man due in court on drug charges
- 5 Read the fascinating history of The Old Bridge Hotel
- 6 Man who died on A1 at Sawtry is named
- 7 Jail for Huntingdon man who threatened to kill woman
- 8 New bus service launched to serve Hunts villages
- 9 Serious case review launched into death of Teddie Mitchell
- 10 Zip-shaped mark on Rikki's body came from his anorak – the one used to strangle him, court told