Power restored to Huntingdonshire homes after outage
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds of homes across Huntingdonshire have had their power restored after a power outage earlier this afternoon (Monday).
Areas including St Ives, Warboys, Yaxley and Stukeley Meadows were believed to have bene affected by the power cut according to UK Power Networks.
Complaints of homes without power in the area were reported at 2.49pm and were resolved at 4.30pm.
It is understood, however, that a three postcodes in the St Ives area are still affected by the outages.
It is thought that the reasoning for the power outage was due to a faulty electricity cables.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for UK Power Networks said: “An underground electricity cable faulted on our high voltage network, causing an area wide power cut.”
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 3 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 4 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 5 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 6 Cambridgeshire MP pays tribute to 'very, very good friend' Sir David Amess
- 7 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 8 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages
- 9 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 10 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme