Huntingdonshire District Council gives go-ahead for 1,000 new homes in St Neots
- Credit: Archant
More than 1,000 new homes will be built in St Neots after Huntingdonshire District Council gave the development the green light.
The proposals for up to 1,020 homes, a primary school, a nursery or crèche, a pub, hotel, and a care home were supported in principle by HDC’s development management panel at a meeting on Monday (July 21).
The development – which would form the eastern expansion of the Loves Farm housing estate – now has outline planning permission. Further details about the plans will be finalised later in the process.
Marcus Pickering, chairman of Loves Farm Community Association, said: “I don’t think there are major objections in principle as long as the planners and developers have learned from the mistakes that have been made on Loves Farm.
“We don’t feel that the infrastructure is in place to support any additional housing – the A428 is already past breaking point.”
You may also want to watch:
He explained that residents of the Loves Farm development experienced problems, such as insufficient space for people who want to park outside their homes. He added that facilities such as the shop were left very late in the development.
A development for 2,800 homes, schools, shops, restaurants and other facilities to the south of Cambridge Road, known as Wintringham Park, has already been given approval in principle by HDC.
- 1 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 2 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 3 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 4 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 5 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 6 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 9 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 10 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip