Huntingdonshire disabled sports festival to return to St Ivo Outdoor
- Credit: Archant
Anyone with a disability who would like to take part in sport is invited to a festival dedicated to opening up sporting opportunities.
The Huntingdonshire Disability Sports Forum’s Annual Outdoor Sports Festival is on Sunday (July 5).
It’s a chance for people with disabilities to do a variety of sports and activities throughout the day, including archery, Boccia, kurling, volleyball, and tennis, as well as cricket, football, tri-golf, and Zumba.
Clubs and organisations who will be helping with the activities include Huntingdonshire Cricket Board, St Ives Rangers Disability Football Club, Hunts Boccia, Ramsey Ravens Archery Club and Little Miracles Dance Club.
The festival is being held at Huntingdonshire District Council’s One Leisure St Ives Outdoor Complex from 10.30am-4pm. Entry is £5 per person. There is no need to book, just turn up on the day.
You may also want to watch:
For more information, contact Paul Ashbridge, HDC’s sports development officer, on 01480 388842.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 3 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 4 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 5 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 6 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 7 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 8 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 9 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 10 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment