Huntingdonshire company hoping to top of remarkable year with International Trade Award
FLOORING and tape specialists Le Mark is finishing an amazing 30th year in business with another success story ... a nomination for an International Trade Award.
The Houghton-based firm expects to be in the final four – out of 250 – for the award, which is sponsored by American Express Foreign Exchange Services.
Le Mark started exporting 25 years ago when it shipped its BlackTak to City Theatrical in New York. Exports now makes up a third of the company’s �4.5million annual turnover.
Sales director Linda Gibbons said: “It’s absolutely fantastic. The fact we provided the floor for the Olympic opening ceremony, to winning three Hunts Post Business awards and to be in the final four form 250 entrants in the nationwide award is amazing. It’s been such a brilliant year.
“We have distributors in Germany, the United States, Scandinavia, France, Singapore, Australia and New Zealand, which shows what we have achieved in just 25 years.”
You may also want to watch:
She added: “It’s great to see our flooring on TV, we have done Britain’s Got Talent, the X Factor, we do the studio flooring for Arabic TV in London and for Monday Night Football on Sky Sports.”
The winner of the prestigious award will be announced in London on December 10.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 4 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 5 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 6 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 7 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 8 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 9 Gym members raise funds for children with cancer
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k