Huntingdonshire chef Dale Pinnock releases first cookbook
- Credit: Archant
THE benefit of food on different aspects of people’s health has inspired Huntingdonshire’s celebrity chef to create his first cookbook.
Dale Pinnock – The Medicinal Chef is a collection of 80 recipes that show how healthy eating can help with specific ailments.
Each one is accompanied by a description of the nutritional value of the main ingredients and conditions they alleviate.
His culinary creations include Tuna Steak with Sweet Potato Wedges and Sauteed Mixed Greens, a recipe high in Omega 3, which can ease arthritis and have a positive effect on depression. Or there is the self-explanatory Famous Flu-fighter Soup or how about Date and Walnut Energy Bombs as a pick me up?
Dale, who lives in St Neots, said: “This is my first all-singing, all-dancing, full-on cookbook. I’ve wanted to do it from the get go.
“I just wanted to put my favourite recipes in there.”
The 35 year old has been busy promoting the book and he said sales were going well. One thousand copies were sold in eight minutes when he appeared on shopping television channel QVC with guest presenter John Barrowman. Other television appearances are due to include the Alan Titchmarsh show on ITV1 on Friday (March 22) and the Chrissy B show on Sky channel 203 at 9.30pm today (Wednesday, March 20). He will also be on Steve Wright’s Radio 2 show next week.
- 1 Cambridgeshire zoo 'devastated' following death of white Bengal tiger
- 2 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 3 Public meeting to discuss Luton aircraft stacking system
- 4 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 5 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 6 East West Rail host public event to discuss controversial project
- 7 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
- 8 Huntingdon thief jailed after stealing watch, iPod and iPhone from vehicles
- 9 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 10 Silent protest at Camp Beagle as vans leave the site
Dale, who is already halfway through developing recipes for a second cookbook, said: “I’ve had good feedback from medics, academics and key people in the health field.
“What I do is not in any way alternative, weird and wacky.
“It’s just showing people how to eat healthily, in a practical context, for breakfast, lunch and dinner - here’s what to eat, week in, week out.”
INFORMATION: Dale Pinnock – The Medicinal Chef has an RRP of £18.99 and is available in bookshops and online. For more information, visit www.dalepinnock.com