Huntingdonshire asked to help with Two Wheels for Woodlands charity ride
- Credit: Archant
The Hunts Post is calling on readers to help support our Two Wheels for Woodlands bike ride by helping to feed the intrepid cyclists taking part.
On Sunday, June 29, at least 200 people will be taking to their bikes to raise money for the Woodlands Cancer Centre at Hinchingbrooke Hospital, which is in desperate need of an £800,000 extension.
Cyclists will be split into three groups, those tackling the 100-mile route around the edge of Huntingdonshire, the challenging 60-mile course in the north of the district and a shorter 30-mile ride, all starting and finishing at Alconbury Weald.
As cyclists use all the energy within their bodies every 30 or so miles they need feeding, which is where our generous readers can help out.
We are setting up feed stations at Abbotsley Village Hall, in High Street, and at the Ramsey Community Centre, in Stocking Fen Road, to give our riders the boost they need to get to the end of the ride ... but we need people and groups who can help with the catering.
The best foods are cakes, biscuits, flapjacks, sausage rolls, quiches, small pasta dishes and other high-calorie foods.
Hunts Post Editor Andy Veale said: “We want to make Two Wheels for Woodlands a real community event for the whole of Huntingdonshire. For those who are more adept in their kitchens than on their bikes, this is a great opportunity to help such a worthy cause.”
- 1 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 2 Pictures show dramatic skies over Huntingdonshire and the Fens
- 3 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
- 4 White roses and political history in Huntingdonshire
- 5 80th birthday celebrations for the East's longest-serving lollipop lady
- 6 RSPCA investigating 'welfare of beagles' at Huntingdon dog breeding unit
- 7 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 8 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 9 Beer from Lidl and vegan chocolates among items recalled over safety fears
- 10 7 great places to get a bottomless brunch in Cambridgeshire
INFORMATION: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you can help out. For more details, a family ride entry or sponsorship form, visit www.huntspost24.co.uk and click on the ‘Two Wheels for Woodlands’ link.