Head shave for woman raising money to help those with eating disorders
- Credit: Charlotte Mann
Charlotte Mann has cycled a whopping 60 miles over four weeks,
A woman from Huntingdon has shaved off her hair to raise money for a charity that helps people who have eating disorders.
Charlotte Mann has cycled a whopping 60 miles over four weeks, she then shaved her hair off, which was donated to the Little Princess Trust.
From completing her cycling challenge Charlotte raised £472 on her Just Giving page which will be given to BEAT, the UK’s Eating Disorder charity.
Charlotte has been struggling with her own eating disorder for two years, which inspired her to start her fundraising, which she calls ‘Challenge Your Perception.’
You may also want to watch:
Charlotte said: “I wanted to challenge my own perceptions as well as raise money for this fantastic charity, which supports people with an eating disorder. It is actually quite shocking how many people are suffering with an eating disorder in silence.
“Living with an eating disorder provides so many daily struggles, but I know that I will conquer it. It may not be today, or tomorrow but it will be one day.”
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 3 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 4 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 5 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 6 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 7 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 8 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 9 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 10 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph