Huntingdon tops Amazon chart
BOOKWORMS in Huntingdon have topped the most well-read list for the second year running, according to book giant Amazon.co.uk.
The online company has just published its second annual Top 10 of the most well-read towns and cities in the UK, to coincide with the summer holiday reading season.
The ranking is determined by compiling sales of all books, magazines and newspapers in both print and Kindle format since June 1, 2011 on a per capita basis.
Cambridge manages second on the list, despite being home to the world famous university and numerous scholarly academics.
Huntingdon and Cambridge are the only Cambridgeshire locations to make it onto the list.
You may also want to watch:
The data showed that Huntingdon is home to the highest number of romantic fiction and travel readers, topping the list of people purchasing romance novels and travel guides.
Huntingdon residents also download the highest number of books on Kindle.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 4 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 5 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 6 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 7 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 8 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 9 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 10 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
To see the full list of the UK’s Most Well-Read Towns and Cities list, go to Amazon.co.uk.
• What do you think? Email your reasons for Huntingdon’s success to firstname.lastname@example.org.