Huntingdon tops Amazon chart
BOOKWORMS in Huntingdon have topped the most well-read list for the second year running, according to book giant Amazon.co.uk.
The online company has just published its second annual Top 10 of the most well-read towns and cities in the UK, to coincide with the summer holiday reading season.
The ranking is determined by compiling sales of all books, magazines and newspapers in both print and Kindle format since June 1, 2011 on a per capita basis.
Cambridge manages second on the list, despite being home to the world famous university and numerous scholarly academics.
Huntingdon and Cambridge are the only Cambridgeshire locations to make it onto the list.
The data showed that Huntingdon is home to the highest number of romantic fiction and travel readers, topping the list of people purchasing romance novels and travel guides.
Huntingdon residents also download the highest number of books on Kindle.
- 1 Cambridgeshire zoo 'devastated' following death of white Bengal tiger
- 2 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 3 Public meeting to discuss Luton aircraft stacking system
- 4 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 5 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 6 Find out what's happening in Huntingdonshire for the Queen's Jubilee?
- 7 East West Rail host public event to discuss controversial project
- 8 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 9 'We must urgently plan to produce more food'
- 10 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
To see the full list of the UK’s Most Well-Read Towns and Cities list, go to Amazon.co.uk.
• What do you think? Email your reasons for Huntingdon’s success to firstname.lastname@example.org.