Huntingdon theatre group’s big designer clothing sale
A YOUTH theatre group is holding a sale of hundreds of designer clothes to help raise money to replace equipment stolen in a break-in at its storage unit.
Expect brand names such as Karen Millen, Coast, Ted Baker, Monsoon, Planet, Hobbs and Sticky Fingers at the fundraising fashion sale in Godmanchester.
The event will raise money for Spotlight Productions in the hope it can replace some of the �2,500 of equipment that was stolen from a unit near Huntingdon in the first week of September.
The thieves targeted electrical equipment that had been stored at the unit, including power tools, heaters and compressors.
Luckily for Spotlight, which is for 13 to 25-year-olds, one of its generous supporters has donated 10 rails full of women’s clothes … and these will be up for grabs on Sunday, October 28, at Wood Green, the Animals Charity.
You may also want to watch:
“We held an extremely successful designer clothing sale last year, “ said Graham Wilkinson, the group’s director. “And we have once again been fortunate enough to be donated a large number of designer new, nearly new and retro ladies clothing.
“A business woman, who has continuously supported Spotlight since its formation nine years ago, has been generous in giving us this clothing to assist in raising funds following the break-in.”
- 1 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 2 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 3 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 4 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 5 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 6 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 7 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 8 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
The clothes will be priced between �2 and �20 and will include day wear, evening wear and prom dresses as well as accessories and jewellery.
INFORMATION: The sale will be in the Lady Margaret Room from 9am until 1pm. Admission is free. All purchases are on a cash only basis.
For further information e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01480 450948.
The group’s next production will be Some Like it Hot, taking to the stage in April.