Huntingdon: St Peter’s School prom pictures
PUPILS at St Peter’s School were looking to the past for inspiration for the present at their leavers proms at week.
More than 135 youngsters from Year 11 turned up in an array of transport and clothing for the event which had a theme of vintage.
The hall was decorated in purple and silver, and an old-fashioned cart with a range of pick ‘n’ mix goodies were on offer for those with a sweet tooth.
Buffet food was provided by Year 10 hospitality and catering students, who also acted as waitering staff on the night.
The event had added poignancy as it also marked the last prom to be organised by work related learning teacher Di Gutteridge.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Gutteridge is retiring from the school after more than 20 years in the classroom. She has helped to organise 22 proms during her time at the school.
Mrs Gutteridge said: “It was an emotional night. Over the years the prom has changed - initially we started off in school, then we went to the rec, but decided to come back and hold it in school.
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Lorry driver who 'couldn't stand up' was three times over drink-drive limit
- 3 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 4 Fantastic snow photos from our Hunts Post readers
- 5 Ramsey schoolgirl names new housing development
- 6 Hunts police called to 'numerous breaches' of covid regulations
- 7 It's snowing! Send us your snow photos
- 8 Man who drove lorry while three times over the drink-drive limit has been jailed
- 9 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village
- 10 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
“I just love to see them all change into young ladies and gentlemen. They look so smart. It is quite a transformation.”
See this week’s Hunts Post for more pictures and your free 32-page leisure supplement.