Huntingdon Squadron claim coveted cadet trophy
- Credit: Archant
A team of Huntingdon Squadron Air Cadets won the coveted Field Day Trophy at the Bedfordshire and Cambridgeshire Wing annual weekend at RAF Wyton.
The event involved a number of varied tasks over the Saturday and Sunday, such as advanced code-breaking and first aid.
Units also had to perform ceremonial and drill parades, and even had to perform a musical ensemble.
Having achieved the highest average scores across all disciplines over the weekend, Huntingdon Squadron was crowned overall winner of the competition.
The squadron’s commanding officer, Flight Lieutenant Cook, said: “I am extremely proud of all the cadets who have taken part this weekend. They have planned and delivered all of their own training leading up to the event, and their hard work has paid off.”
You may also want to watch:
Other successes for the squadron included Civilian Welfare Committee members Dick Jarvis and Sue Brain being awarded certificates for long service, with Dick also being awarded the Lang Shield for outstanding duties as a committee member.
Cadet Flight Sergeant Ben McMillan was promoted to Cadet Warrant Officer - the highest rank possible for a cadet - and Sergeant Tim Kightly was awarded the Davies Cup in recognition of service to the Beds and Cambs Wing.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 3 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 4 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 5 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 6 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 7 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 8 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder
- 9 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 10 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
Huntingdon Squadron will soon be recruiting for new cadets aged 12–17. To register an interest, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org