Huntingdon Squadron claim coveted cadet trophy
- Credit: Archant
A team of Huntingdon Squadron Air Cadets won the coveted Field Day Trophy at the Bedfordshire and Cambridgeshire Wing annual weekend at RAF Wyton.
The event involved a number of varied tasks over the Saturday and Sunday, such as advanced code-breaking and first aid.
Units also had to perform ceremonial and drill parades, and even had to perform a musical ensemble.
Having achieved the highest average scores across all disciplines over the weekend, Huntingdon Squadron was crowned overall winner of the competition.
The squadron’s commanding officer, Flight Lieutenant Cook, said: “I am extremely proud of all the cadets who have taken part this weekend. They have planned and delivered all of their own training leading up to the event, and their hard work has paid off.”
Other successes for the squadron included Civilian Welfare Committee members Dick Jarvis and Sue Brain being awarded certificates for long service, with Dick also being awarded the Lang Shield for outstanding duties as a committee member.
Cadet Flight Sergeant Ben McMillan was promoted to Cadet Warrant Officer - the highest rank possible for a cadet - and Sergeant Tim Kightly was awarded the Davies Cup in recognition of service to the Beds and Cambs Wing.
- 1 Jail for paedophile who photographed abuse
- 2 Ian Stewart 'appeared odd' at wife Diane's funeral, court hears
- 3 Motion passed to send letter to Michael Gove after objections to incinerator plan
- 4 Charming 'cakery' selling sweet treats opens in Ramsey
- 5 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 6 Face coverings no longer mandatory indoors as England returns to Plan A
- 7 Huntingdonshire History Festival returns this summer
- 8 More roads should come under 20mph scheme, say councillors
- 9 Serious case review launched into death of Teddie Mitchell
- 10 New bridal shop is childhood dream for Michelle
Huntingdon Squadron will soon be recruiting for new cadets aged 12–17. To register an interest, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org