Huntingdon ring road closed following serious accident
HUNTINGDON ring road has been closed following a serious car accident.
Three fire crews have been working to free a trapped motorist from a vehicle involved in the incident close to the town’s bus station shortly before 11am. A door and the roof of the vehicle have been removed by firefighters using specialist cutting equipment.
Police have closed the road and vehicles are being diverted along St Mary’s Street and Hartford Road. Access to the railway station and Hinchingbrooke will be via the A14 and Brampton until further notice.
Two crews and the rescue vehicle from Huntingdon Fire Station are at the scene, along with police, the ambulance service and a Magpas team.
The condition of the driver is not known. It is understood that the car involved was initially on its roof.
You may also want to watch:
More details to follow.
- 1 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 2 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 3 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 4 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 5 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 6 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 7 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 8 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 9 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?