Huntingdon home to one of the most 'luxurious' breakfasts in the UK
- Credit: THE OLD BRIDGE
A Huntingdon restaurant has been ranked as having one of the most “luxurious” breakfast menus in the UK.
The Old Bridge came second on TripAdvisor for the best brekkie menu outside of London.
Magnet analysed the menus of restaurants with a 4.5- to 5-star rating on the review site that are classed as “fine dining”.
The most expensive item was then selected across a range of beverages and dishes, with each price receiving a weighted score between 0 to 100 to rank each restaurant.
Everything from coffee, cereal, egg-based dishes, and a traditional fry up were ranked as part of the research.
The Old Bridge was also noted for offering a full English breakfast for less than half the price of the most expensive option in London.
Beth Boulton, head of marketing at Magnet, said: “We wanted to showcase a variety of restaurants from all over the country that can give us that taste of luxury first thing in the morning.”
- 1 Do you remember the old Megatron at Alconbury?
- 2 Jail for Fenstanton man who groomed teenager
- 3 Drug dealing pair caught thanks to eagle-eyed neighbours
- 4 Woman in her 60s 'remains in serious condition' after B1514 crash
- 5 Fundraising campaign to help transform 'dangerous' garden for two children
- 6 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 7 Woman left with a ‘bloodied nose’ in Huntingdon
- 8 St Neots woman to walk more than 800 miles for CPSL Mind
- 9 Family pay tribute to great grandfather who died in Buckden Road crash
- 10 Golf Day raises more than £800 for CamSight
The full English includes locally sourced items, including a Chatteris banger, as well as homemade baked beans.
Guests can also enjoy homemade crumpets with sugar-roast ham, poached egg and hollandaise.
The full research can be found here: https://www.magnet.co.uk/advice-inspiration/blog/2021/may/most-luxurious-breakfast-menus