Huntingdon home to one of the most 'luxurious' breakfasts in the UK
- Credit: THE OLD BRIDGE
A Huntingdon restaurant has been ranked as having one of the most “luxurious” breakfast menus in the UK.
The Old Bridge came second on TripAdvisor for the best brekkie menu outside of London.
Magnet analysed the menus of restaurants with a 4.5- to 5-star rating on the review site that are classed as “fine dining”.
The most expensive item was then selected across a range of beverages and dishes, with each price receiving a weighted score between 0 to 100 to rank each restaurant.
Everything from coffee, cereal, egg-based dishes, and a traditional fry up were ranked as part of the research.
The Old Bridge was also noted for offering a full English breakfast for less than half the price of the most expensive option in London.
Beth Boulton, head of marketing at Magnet, said: “We wanted to showcase a variety of restaurants from all over the country that can give us that taste of luxury first thing in the morning.”
- 1 Missing woman back home
- 2 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 3 Huntingdon man due in court on drug charges
- 4 Pastor in freedom of speech and job fight over Pride tweet
- 5 Read the fascinating history of The Old Bridge Hotel
- 6 Jail for Huntingdon man who threatened to kill woman
- 7 New bus service launched to serve Hunts villages
- 8 Man who died on A1 at Sawtry is named
- 9 Serious case review launched into death of Teddie Mitchell
- 10 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
The full English includes locally sourced items, including a Chatteris banger, as well as homemade baked beans.
Guests can also enjoy homemade crumpets with sugar-roast ham, poached egg and hollandaise.
The full research can be found here: https://www.magnet.co.uk/advice-inspiration/blog/2021/may/most-luxurious-breakfast-menus