Response team provide school uniforms to families in need
- Credit: Councillor Patrick Kadewere
Huntingdonshire District Council (HDC) have awarded a community chest grant to the Huntingdon Community Group’s Covid-19 Response Team.
The grant is to provide school uniform support to local families in financial difficulty.
The group’s founder, Councillor Patrick Kadewere said: “We are very grateful to Huntingdonshire District Council for providing the funding for this much-needed project.
"For several years families have struggled to meet the high costs of school uniform costs since the county council’s financial support for low income families ended.
"The pandemic has exacerbated financial difficulties for many so we were pleased to be able to run this project again."
31 children were supported with the funding and if there are any other families still struggling to meet these costs they can now contact Huntingdonshire District Council’s new Resident Advice Team by contacting: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We would also like to thank the Butterfly Legacy Project for donating hand sewn bags for the delivery of all uniform requests”.
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 Award for teenager's bravery after losing his sight
- 3 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 4 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 5 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 6 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 7 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 8 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 9 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 10 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding