Huntingdon rapist is jailed for 10 years
- Credit: Archant
A HUNTINGDON man who raped a woman at knifepoint has been jailed for 10 years.
George Kibet took the 22 year old back to his flat in Nene Road after drinking with her in the town centre on September 18 last year.
Kibet, 26, raped her twice on a mattress on the floor and then refused to let her leave for more than half an hour, claiming he was trying to find keys to unlock the door.
The victim managed to call police, pretending she was calling her father, but while she was on the phone he threatened her with an iron bar.
She finally managed to escape after the 999-operator advised her to search for letters to discover the address.
You may also want to watch:
Kibet was charged with two counts of rape and one of false imprisonment. He denied the charges but was convicted by a jury following a five-day trial at Huntingdon Crown Court.
He was sentenced at Peterborough Crown Court yesterday (Wednesday) when he was jailed for 10 years.
- 1 Emergency services close St Neots road after medical emergency
- 2 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
- 3 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 4 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 5 Cambridgeshire hospitals busy and staff tired and abused
- 6 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 7 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 8 Haul of weapons including a knuckleduster seized from Little Paxton home
- 9 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 10 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
Detective Constable Andy MacDonald, who led the investigation, said Kibet was a dangerous offender. He added: “I’m pleased he has now been brought to justice and the public is protected from him.”