Radio station planning to move back to studio
- Credit: HCR
One of the community aspects of HCR104fm has always been to hear your name on the radio - often referred to as a shout-out!
Our weekend show Family Favourites (Sundays, at midday-2pm) is your chance to get the song or piece of music you like played on the station, either just for yourself or dedicated to that special person in your life, a family member or just someone who has always been there for you.
Our presenters are Dave and Lee and they have become something of a double act! Dave is the main anchorman and Lee has the weekly job of getting requests, often by visiting Hinchingbrooke Hospital (in more normal times) or even meeting people around town.
At the recent Huntingdon Carnival, Dave and Lee broadcast the show from Sunday’s Live in The Park event before the bands came on stage. It was great for them to get together in person as currently, due to the pandemic, the show is presented remotely with each of them in their own home studios.
Classical music these days has a much greater following than in the past and HCR104fm’s Cool Classics presented by Jon Aveling might just be the show for you, even if you like only one or two classical pieces.
Jon plays a variety of classical music but mostly those tunes you may have heard before but never quite know the title of!
It’s never a ‘heavy listen’ and even if you’re not a dedicated follower of classical, it's a welcome oasis from the stresses and pressures of the day. You can hear Cool Classics at 6pm every Sunday.
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 3 Pictures show dramatic skies over Huntingdonshire and the Fens
- 4 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 5 Huntingdon thief jailed after stealing watch, iPod and iPhone from vehicles
- 6 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
- 7 Silent protest at Camp Beagle as vans leave the site
- 8 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 9 Food delivery robots taking to streets of Cambridgeshire
- 10 East West Rail host public event to discuss controversial project
The limitations that Covid-19 has imposed on all of us seem at last to be lifting, although we must still act with extreme caution.
Here at HCR104fm we’ve almost grown accustomed to broadcasting from home but a cautious move back into our studios is planned to take place very soon.
It’s our base, our workplace and where we operate best. It will be a planned but welcome return to normality carried out under strict guidelines to ensure the safety of our volunteers and guests - and we can’t wait!
If you would like to submit a request, at the moment email is best: firstname.lastname@example.org