Huntingdon Racecourse prepares for beach-themed bank holiday extravaganza
- Credit: Archant
HUNTINGDON Racecourse is offering an afternoon of exciting jump racing and free family entertainment at the start of the final full week of the school summer holidays.
The beach is the theme for the August Bank Holiday family fun day on Monday 26 August. There will be volleyball, a surf simulator and a barbecue, as well as mini Shetland ponies, a coconut shie and a bungee trampoline.
And ‘The Hunt Is On’, as visitors can take part in the Brampton Mill Treasure Hunt for gold coins hidden in the Main Enclosure. Those who return the coins to the racecourse office with the entry form in the racecard could win the star prize of a helicopter ride - or spa days at Whittlebury Hall, tickets for Dubai Future Champions Day at Newmarket Racecourses and an overnight stay with evening meal and breakfast at the new Holiday Inn beside the racecourse. There are kids prizes too.
As well as the horse races, children have their own race, with racing personality Derek Thompson compering.
General manager Nadia Gollings said: “August Bank Holiday Monday is traditionally one of the racecourse’s most popular meetings of the year. Before the schools return, it’s a fantastic and exciting chance for families to enjoy an affordable day out at the races. We’re laying on an array of entertainments in the Main Enclosure – and, as always, accompanied children aged 17 years and under will be given free admission.”
A special family admission package is available for advance bookers – two adults, plus children, and two bags of Pic ‘n’ Mix for £22. This can be booked online at www.huntingdon-racecourse.co.uk or by calling the ticket hotline on 0844 579 3007 quoting ‘August’.
For those spectators wishing to make their visit to the races extra special, a Wow! hospitality package is on offer for £55 per person, including admission, use of a private hospitality suite and bar, waitress service, a two-course meal, car park passes, racing programmes and kids activity packs. Bookings can be made on 01480 453373.
- 1 Rocks thrown at St Neots school building in vandal attack
- 2 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 3 All aboard! St Neots father and son to tackle London underground for charity
- 4 Three rail and bus strikes in London and the East this week
- 5 Social club can extend opening hours as 'no evidence' of problems
- 6 Improved Ofsted rating for village primary school
- 7 Fun in the sun at Huntingdon Carnival 2022
- 8 Cyclist left with serious injuries after bus collision in St Ives
- 9 Permanent Friday home for HCCN group
- 10 First breast-feeding friendly venue announced for St Neots
Admission on Bank Holiday Monday 26 August: Scheduled first race time is 2.35pm. Gates open at 12.35pm. Adult admission £15. Picnic car park £10. Accompanied under 18s – free. Parking is free.