Huntingdon Pizza Express fined £8,000 after serving pizza topped with a screw
- Credit: Archant
A Huntingdon restaurant has been fined £8,000 after serving a pizza with a screw in it.
At Peterborough Magistrates’ Court yesterday (Wednesday), Pizza Express admitted serving a pizza containing a screw to a customer on April 6, last year.
The restaurant also admitted failing to ensure dough trays were kept in good repair as there was evidence of loose and missing screws and brackets.
Magistrates fined Pizza Express £4,000 for each charge as well as a £120 victim surcharge and £2,889.68 costs, leaving it with a total bill of £11,009.68.
A Pizza Express spokesman said: “We have rigorous controls in place and set ourselves very high standards for the safety of our food, which is why this is extremely rare. We have apologised to our guest and taken extra measures to prevent this happening again.”
You may also want to watch:
n Did this happen to you? Contact us on 01480 443451 or email email@example.com.
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 4 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 5 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 6 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 7 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 8 Cambridgeshire MP pays tribute to 'very, very good friend' Sir David Amess
- 9 Aggressive and controlling partner jailed
- 10 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages