Huntingdon park packed for annual family festival
- Credit: Archant
Thousands flocked to Huntingdon on Saturday (June 4) to be a part of the town’s annual Riverside Gala.
The Riverside Park was packed with the crowds wanting to experience the annual fun fest with the youngsters especially eager to meet two special guests from Disney’s Frozen.
Organising committee member Malcolm Lyons said: “The day went very well, the event keeps growing every year but this the best year yet as we filled up the field.”
As a part of the day there were dozens of charity stalls, live music, fairgrounds rides and much more to keep both young and old entertained.
“We had a real mixture of stalls that were at the gala this year. There were also a lot of highlights from everyone and all the charities raised money, which is what the event is about,” added Mr Lyons.
You may also want to watch:
As a rare treat the festival goers were given the chance to watch a fly past from a Spitfire and a Hurricane, which flew over the park, leaving many in awe at the sight of them.
Children were kept busy with the miniature steam train that had been set up, while the dog show run by Wood Green proved to be a huge success.
- 1 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 2 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 3 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 4 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 5 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 6 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 7 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 8 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
Anyone interested in supporting or getting involved with the next one should contact the committee on email@example.com.