Huntingdon office evacuated after fire in roof
- Credit: Archant
Staff at Cambridgeshire County Council’s Scott House offices in Huntingdon town centre had to be evacuated this afternoon (Thursday) when a fire broke out in the roof of the building.
Two crews from Huntingdon were called to the offices, at the junction of George Street and the ring road, at 2.26pm.
They arrived to find a fire in the roof and extinguished it using a hose.
Crews remained at the scene checking the building while staff waited outside.
A spokesman for the county council said: “There was a small fire at Scott House in Huntingdon this afternoon. The building was evacuated and following an assessment by the fire service it is now safe for people to return.”
You may also want to watch:
In January part of the ring road had to be closed after debris fell from the roof of the same building.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 4 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 5 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 6 Gym members raise funds for children with cancer
- 7 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 8 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 9 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k