Huntingdon nursery is closed by Ofsted as investigation takes place into “incident”
- Credit: Archant
A nursery in Huntingdon has been forced to close by Ofsted while an investigation takes place into an incident.
Inspectors from Ofsted said they were “made aware of an incident” at the nursery on Thursday and an investigation was immediately launched.
A spokesman for the body said: “Ofsted was made aware of an incident which occurred at Playday Nursery. We have suspended the registration of Playday Nursery and Funzone After-School Club while the matter is being investigated.”
The nature of the incident has not been made clear by Ofsted.
In response to the incident, parents of pupils at the nursery, and its associated after-school clubs based at Hatford Infant and Junior Schools, were asked at about 3pm to collect their children.
You may also want to watch:
The services offered by the nursery have been suspended and parents have had to find alternative provision while the investigation is carried out.
Breakfast clubs and after-school clubs running at Hartford school have been covered by teachers and teaching assistants.
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 3 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Former Stevenage midfielder is the new manager of Eynesbury Rovers
- 7 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 8 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 9 Man dies after single-car crash near Godmanchester
- 10 St Neots schoolgirl takes on bike ride for Children in Need
In a post on the school Facebook page on Thursday, head teachers Rae Lee and Steve Davis said: “At 3pm today we received a phone call saying that with immediate effect, Funzone would not be operating. No reason has been given to us for this decision. The duration of this withdrawal of service is unclear, but we understand it affects all sites run by Playday, not just the Hartford schools sites.”
Playday Nursery was last inspected by Ofsted in March and it was rated as ‘good’, with praise for the quality of its teaching, leadership, and welfare.
It also received a ‘good’ rating during an inspection in 2013.
The Hunts Post has contacted the nursery for comment.