Huntingdon mum of four’s London Marathon for Hinchingbrooke
- Credit: Archant
A mum of four from Hartford will be pounding the pavements at this year’s London Marathon in aid of the children’s ward which cared for her seriously ill niece.
Natalie Beecher, 36, will be raising funds for Holly Ward at Hinchingbrooke Hospital where 11-year-old Lily Gilbert, who has a congenital heart condition, was admitted last year with a serious heart infection, endocarditis.
Lily, from Ramsey, spent eight weeks in hospital recovering and Natalie decided she wanted to do something to thank the staff for their help.
She said: “I really wanted to thank the ward for everything they have done and continue to do for Lily, so when I discovered I had a ballot place at the London Marathon, I realised this was the perfect opportunity.”
Natalie started running just two years ago, being motivated to get fit after losing weight.
You may also want to watch:
She ran the London Marathon last year, finishing in five hours and raising money for Cancer Research UK.
This year Natalie hopes to go faster.
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 4 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 5 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 6 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 7 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 8 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder
- 9 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
- 10 Manager of BID Huntingdon is retiring after 11 years of service
“I’m hoping for a time of four hours and 40 minutes,” she said. “Training has been a real juggling act. I have four children and thankfully a very understanding husband!”
Natalie hopes to raise at least £500 for Dreamdrops, the charity that supports Holly Ward and children’s services in Huntingdonshire.
INFORMATION: To support Natalie, visit https://www.justgiving.com/Natalie-Beecher1.