Huntingdon mum of four’s London Marathon for Hinchingbrooke
- Credit: Archant
A mum of four from Hartford will be pounding the pavements at this year’s London Marathon in aid of the children’s ward which cared for her seriously ill niece.
Natalie Beecher, 36, will be raising funds for Holly Ward at Hinchingbrooke Hospital where 11-year-old Lily Gilbert, who has a congenital heart condition, was admitted last year with a serious heart infection, endocarditis.
Lily, from Ramsey, spent eight weeks in hospital recovering and Natalie decided she wanted to do something to thank the staff for their help.
She said: “I really wanted to thank the ward for everything they have done and continue to do for Lily, so when I discovered I had a ballot place at the London Marathon, I realised this was the perfect opportunity.”
Natalie started running just two years ago, being motivated to get fit after losing weight.
She ran the London Marathon last year, finishing in five hours and raising money for Cancer Research UK.
This year Natalie hopes to go faster.
- 1 Police called to reports of violence in Huntingdon
- 2 Planning proposal for a new café to be reviewed by St Neots Town Council
- 3 Fire safety warning as Met Office warns second heatwave on way
- 4 No water relief for depleted rivers and reservoirs with another heatwave forecast
- 5 Ramsey students crowned winners in science competition
- 6 Home of the Week
- 7 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 8 Police officer speaks out after violent assault left bleed on brain
- 9 Family pay tribute to 'hard worker' father killed in A14 crash
- 10 'Risk of injury' - Aldi recalls product due to safety fears
“I’m hoping for a time of four hours and 40 minutes,” she said. “Training has been a real juggling act. I have four children and thankfully a very understanding husband!”
Natalie hopes to raise at least £500 for Dreamdrops, the charity that supports Holly Ward and children’s services in Huntingdonshire.
INFORMATION: To support Natalie, visit https://www.justgiving.com/Natalie-Beecher1.