Huntingdon MP to take on his first marathon for charity
- Credit: Archant
Huntingdon MP Jonathan Djanogly will be running the Amsterdam Marathon to raise funds for Leonard Cheshire Disability.
Mr Djanogly will take to the start line in the Dutch capital on October 18 and is hoping to raise thousands of pounds to support the work of the charity.
Leonard Cheshire Disability manages a home in Brampton and helps disabled people to live as independently as possible.
Mr Djanogly joked that he was persuaded to take on the marathon in Amsterdam as a friend had told him that the course was “pretty flat”.
He added: “Leonard Cheshire is a great organisation and over the years I have spent many happy times visiting the residents of their home in Brampton. The care that the severely disabled residents receive is outstanding and well worth our support.”
You may also want to watch:
To support his efforts, visit www.justgiving.com/Jonathan-Djanogly/
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 3 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 4 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 5 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 6 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 7 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 8 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 9 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 10 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity