Huntingdon MP Jonathan Djanogly visits team behind funeralmap.co.uk
AN INNOVATIVE website which helps bereaved families in planning loved ones’ funerals has been praised by Jonathan Djanogly MP for its foresight.
Kimbolton-based funeralmap.co.uk, which pinpoints more than 8,000 funeral directors, crematoria, woodland burial sites, and register offices nationwide, has had more than 40,000 visitors since was launched last August by entrepreneur Anne Barber.
The Huntingdon MP, who is also Minister of Justice, responsible for Coroners’ Reform and burial policy, visited the team behind the website on Friday (January 27).
He told The Hunts Post: “When a family is faced with organising a funeral, it’s an extremely emotional and difficult time. Knowing there is one simple place to find all the local information, advice and support they require is tremendously reassuring and can be a real help.
“The funeralmap team must be congratulated for having the foresight to recognise that this was a much-needed resource for the public and for the huge amount of time, research and effort which has gone into making the website so comprehensive and wide-ranging.”
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Barber said: “Our goal has always been to provide simple, easy-to-use information for families who don’t know where to turn at a time of need and, thanks to the wonderful feedback we receive from the public we know we are making a difference”.
In January the website was expanded to include links to florists, musicians, venues for wakes and places to stay and other funeral-related suppliers. The company have also planned for its first Funeral and Bereavement Convention in Birmingham on March 27 for industry professionals from across the country.
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 3 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Former Stevenage midfielder is the new manager of Eynesbury Rovers
- 7 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 8 St Neots schoolgirl takes on bike ride for Children in Need
- 9 Axe-wielding burglar smashed way into St Neots house
- 10 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
Mrs Barber is also celebrating the 10th anniversary of Civil Ceremonies which is now the UK’s market leader in providing a wide range of ceremonies, including civil funerals, baby naming ceremonies and wedding celebrations.