Huntingdon motorcyclist in critical condition after A1 lamppost crash
- Credit: Archant
A motorcyclist is in critical condition in hospital after crashing into a lamppost at Brampton.
The rider, a 33-year-old man from Huntingdon, was seriously injured in the crash on the slip road to the northbound carriageway of the A1 at 9.25pm last night (Monday).
He was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital, in Cambridge, in a critical condition.
The slip road was closed until 1am while an investigation was carried out and recovery of the Honda motorbike.
Pc Simon Burgin is appealing for witnesses. He said: “I would appeal to anyone who saw the collision, or the motorcycle prior to it, to call police.
You may also want to watch:
“I’m particularly keen to speak to another motorcyclist who stopped at the time of the collision as they may have information which could assist our investigation.”
INFORMATION: Anyone with any information should call PC Burgin at the Roads Policing Unit on 101.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 6 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 7 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 8 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 9 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 10 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding