Huntingdon man scoops £50,000 with lottery win
- Credit: Archant
A postcode lottery has landed one lucky Huntingdon resident with a £50,000 jackpot.
Richard Thorley, who lives in the California Road area, saw his PE29 1LX postcode drawn as a winner in last week’s Saturday Street Prize, which is run by the People’s Postcode Lottery.
“I really wasn’t expecting this,” said Richard. “It’s not sunk in.”
Richard was working at home when he was surprised by People’s Postcode Lottery Ambassador and rugby legend, Scott Quinnell who presented him with his cheque.
“I’ve propped up my cheque against the wall so I can see it all the time,” said Richard. “I can’t describe the feeling I got when I saw the amount I had won. It was amazing.”
You may also want to watch:
So will it be spend, spend, spend for Richard?
“My mum is travelling to her home country in Central America at the moment so I’ll probably send her some cash to help her out,” he said. “But I’d like to invest some too.”
- 1 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 2 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 3 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 4 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 5 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 6 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 7 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 8 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed