Huntingdon man loses finger after firework explodes in his hand
- Credit: Archant
A 20-year-old man suffered serious burns and lost a finger after a firework exploded in his hand.
Paramedics were called to Wallace Court, in Huntingdon, on Saturday (October 31) after reports that a firework the man was handling had exploded.
A spokesman for the East of England Ambulance Service said that the man suffered “a significant injury” and paramedics arrived at the incident at 8.41pm.
The spokesman added: “The man was left with significant burns to his hand and has lost one of his fingers and part of another.”
The man was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital, in Cambridge, to receive treatment for his injuries.
You may also want to watch:
The ambulance service is urging people to take extra care and keep safe when out celebrating at firework displays.
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 Award for teenager's bravery after losing his sight
- 3 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 4 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 5 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 6 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 7 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 8 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 9 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 10 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding