Huntingdon man left with burns from garden waste bonfire

A MAN received minor burns after pouring petrol on a garden fire yesterday.

The man was trying to use the petrol to get a bonfire of garden waste going when it exploded leaving him with minor burns. Firefighters were called to the incident in Lavender Court in Huntingdon at 3.15pm.

They used a hose reel to put out the flames and the man was treated by paramedics.

Brian Ferguson, crew commander at Huntingdon Fire Station, said: “This man was lucky to escape with only minor burns. We would advise residents never to use any accelerants on a bonfire. Not only could they explode causing you serious injury, but they could also cause the fire to spread to nearby trees, vegetation and buildings.”


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter