Huntingdon man critical after lorry fall
A MAN is in a critical condition in hospital after falling from the back of a moving lorry in Huntingdon.
Police are appealing for witnesses to the incident in which the man suffered serious injuries.
It happened after the man climbed on to the back of the lorry with a friend in Latham Road at about 10.40pm on Friday (October 14).
He fell from the vehicle on the A141 Spittals Way at the junction with Stukeley Road.
The man, from Huntingdon, was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital, where he remains in a critical condition. The other man was not injured.
PC Tim Kirkby, investigating, said: “I would appeal to anyone who saw the men climbing onto the lorry to contact police.
“This incident shows how dangerous it is to attempt to climb on to a moving vehicle.”
- 1 Small community café in St Neots "just hanging on"
- 2 Find out what's happening in Huntingdonshire for the Queen's Jubilee?
- 3 New Toolstation branch to open in Huntingdon
- 4 Police dog helped find drugs and knife in Ramsey
- 5 Come and see Huntingdon's Beacon lighting ceremony for the Jubilee
- 6 Great honour for two men awarded the freedom of Huntingdon
- 7 St Neots Street Food Fest promises to be "bigger and better"
- 8 The latest Readers' Photos sent to the Hunts Post this week
- 9 Large Hotel of the Year winner is proud of its history
- 10 DJ Low Steppa flying in from Ibiza for Cambridgeshire music festival
INFORMATION: Anyone with any information should call PC Kirkby on 0345 456 4564.