Huntingdon Life Sciences announces likely job losses
BETWEEN 90 and 100 jobs could be lost at research giant Huntingdon Life Sciences.
The Alconbury-based firm, which has a global presence in the market, has announced that as a consequence of the continuing downturn in outsourced pharmaceutical development it is holding a consultation process with staff that may result in redundancies for 6 per cent of its employees.
Two-thirds of the job losses would be made from the Huntingdon facility, with the remainder shed from the site at Eye in Suffolk.
Around half the job losses are anticipated to come from voluntary redundancies
HLS said the move is a result of a downturn in the research and development activities of the pharmaceutical industry, which accounts for 80 per cent of the company’s business. Most of the jobs are anticipated to be lost in areas that test the safety of new drugs and effect staff across the board, including scientists and managers.
You may also want to watch:
Managing director Brian Cass said: “Over the years our staff have been incredibly supportive of the company, previously taking pay cuts to help save jobs, but this continued downturn in our business means we have no choice but to consider this action. This is a difficult time for everyone, and even more difficult for those who may have to lose their jobs. We have tried to ensure we have supported all our people during this process and hope we have treated them with dignity and respect.”
- 1 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 2 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 3 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 4 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 5 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 6 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 7 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 8 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed