Huntingdon is set for hot new show
- Credit: Archant
HOT STUFF: After last year’s success with a production of We Will Rock You, Spotlight Productions cast of 60 young people are in rehearsal for their next musical theatre production, Some Like it Hot.
The show is being staged at Hinchingbrooke Performing Arts Centre, Huntingdon, on April 10-13.
Set in the roaring 20s, the musical is based on the 1959 film of the same name, which starred Marilyn Monroe, Tony Curtis and Jack Lemmon. The award-winning show follows the lives of two musicians who witness a gang killing and need to get out of sight.
The only gig they can find is with an all-girls troupe, Sweet Sue and her Society Syncopators, so to escape the pursuing mobsters, the two men disguise themselves as women and join the band on its tour to Florida. En route, both men become smitten with the vocalist, Sugar Kane.
The show includes 20 musical numbers and the cast will be supported by an on-stage band.
You may also want to watch:
INFORMATION: Tickets, £9.50 adults and £8.50 concessions, can be booked on 01480 477212 or at www.spotlight-theatre.co.uk
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 7 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 8 'Trolley waits' hit high for trust that oversees Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 9 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 10 Moving day for Black Cat Radio