Huntingdon industrial building catches fire

Firefighters were called to Windover Road yesterday.

Firefighters were called to Windover Road yesterday. - Credit: Cambs Fire & Rescue Service

Firefighters rushed to the scene after the roof of a Huntingdon industrial building caught fire.

One crew from Sawtry, one from Huntingdon, and an aerial appliance from Cambridge were called to VIP Polymers in Windover Road at 2.17am yesterday (Thursday).

The fire, which was in a large piece of construction equipment, was extinguished using two hose reels and a jet. The aerial appliance was then used to inspect the roof space, before crews returned to their stations by 4.20am.

The fire was accidental, caused by an electrical fault.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter