Huntingdon house blaze accidental, fire service says

Huntingdon house blaze was accidental

Huntingdon house blaze was accidental - Credit: Archant

A fire broke out in a house in Huntingdon yesterday (Tuesday).

Fire crews from Huntingdon and Papworth were called to a property in Lammas Gardens at about 9pm following reports that the house was on fire.

Firefighters arrived to find a blaze in the first floor bedroom of a two-storey house. Wearing breathing apparatus they extinguished the fire using a hose reel.

A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service said: "One female casualty was out of the building when crews arrived and required treatment for smoke inhalation. She was left in the care of ambulance crews.

"The crews returned to their stations by 10.45pm. The cause of the fire was accidental."


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus