Huntingdon gym’s Louis Smith is going from Strictly to C4
HUNTINGDON gymnast Louis Smith is to take on another TV challenge by teaming up with fellow Olympian Greg Rutherford to tackle Channel 4’s The Million Pound Drop.
Smith - who is to be seen taking to the floor on BBC1’s Strictly Come Dancing tomorrow (Saturday) – and gold-winning long-jumper Rutherford will be guest contestants in the new series.
The high-stakes programme returns tonight with Alex Brooker and Josh Widdicombe, known to viewers for appearing on C4’s comedy show The Last Leg, lined up as contestants raising money for Paralympic charities.
The channel said today that its recent charity version of Million Pound Drop, featuring names such as Vic Reeves, Professor Green, Countdown’s Rachel Riley and Jedward, had raised a total of �700,000.
It will be split between 14 different Paralympic and disability charities - including British Blind Sport, British Paralympic Association and the Riding for the Disabled Association - with each receiving a total of �50,000.
You may also want to watch:
Syeda Irtizaali, C4’s entertainment commissioning editor, said: “We included a number of charities that don’t get quite as much attention so the money raised would really make a difference.”
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 4 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 5 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 6 Gym members raise funds for children with cancer
- 7 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 8 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 9 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k