Huntingdon Gym pair Louis Smith and Paul Hall run out of time on Who Wants to be a Millionaire
- Credit: Archant
HUNTINGDON gymnastics team Louis Smith and Paul Hall had fewer than 10 minutes to answer as many questions as they could on Who Wants to be a Millionaire to raise as much money as possible for the gym.
As the last pair on the Best of Friends special on Sunday night, Louis and Paul had just eight minutes to face the 12 questions for the £1million-prize.
The Olympic medallist and his coach barely let host Chris Tarrant ask the questions before answering, but came stuck on their third question on Quentin Tarantino’s Django Unchained, asking the audience for help.
The time ran out after they secured £5,000, half of which goes to the gym.
Mr Hall said: “It was a good experience, fun but frustrating. We just ran out of time.
You may also want to watch:
“We had a dress rehearsal where we won £50,000 so it was a bit frustrating. We could have got a bit further, we could have got a million.”
Could you have done as well as Louis Smith and Paul Hall on their questions?
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 5 Award for teenager's bravery after losing his sight
- 6 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 7 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 8 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 9 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 10 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
1 Which word is used to mean currently popular on Twitter?
A Trending B Bearing C Pointing D Drifting
2 This year is the 110th anniversary of the sale of the first Harley Davidson; what is the company famous for making?
A Cars B Tractors C Motorbikes D Lawnmowers
3 Complete the title of the Quentin Tarantino film that was released in the UK earlier this year, Django?
A Retrained B Unchained C Unstained D Multigrained
4 Which famous seaman died in 1805 and is commemorated by a statue in Traflagar Square?
A Sir Francis Drake B Sir Walther Raleigh C Admiral Horatio Nelson D Captain Cook
Answers: 1 A 2 C 3 B 4 C