Huntingdon gym doubles in size after refurbishment
- Credit: Alan Bennett / Media Imaging Sol
The gym at One Leisure in Huntingdon has almost doubled in size as part of an £800,000 investment made by Huntingdonshire District Council.
The impressions fitness suite at the Huntingdon site, opened its doors to the public last weekend, giving guests the opportunity to try the faculties free of charge for the grand opening.
Guests were invited to see the final stages of the refurbishment which includes a brand new reception area, café, children’s soft play centre and crèche.
The upgraded gym is now on two floors and has been fitted with new cardio, strength, free weight and functional equipment.
The fitness suite was originally located at the bottom of the building, and has gradually been moved to a space upstairs, meaning that the site didn’t have to close for the refurbishment.
You may also want to watch:
One Leisure’s business development manager, Paul France said: “Huntingdonshire District Council is fully committed to providing health and well-being opportunities for its residents through upgrades in buildings and equipment at all six One Leisure centres across the Huntingdonshire area.
“The past few months has seen the culmination of works which have included new and expanded gym, new café and children’s activity centre and refurbished swimming pool changing facilities at One Leisure Huntingdon.”
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 4 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 5 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 6 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 7 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 8 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 9 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages
- 10 Cambridgeshire MP pays tribute to 'very, very good friend' Sir David Amess
Karen Martin-Peters who manages the leisure centre in Huntingdon said: “It is so great to see the completion of this work. I’m very proud of the leisure centre we have created for the Huntingdon community.
“We’ve received lots of great feedback and compliments about the centre already and myself and the team can’t wait to show people around.”
New customers can benefit from a number of special offers available exclusively at One Leisure Huntingdon, including three months for the price of two on all memberships and no joining fee.
Karen continued: “We have a variety of memberships on offer including gym, indoor cycling, spa, swimming and all-inclusive membership options all available with no fixed contract.”
The site, also has a hairdressers, sports injury clinic and a beauty room.
Children have also been given the opportunity to enjoy the new soft play centre, Leo’s Funzone, at reduced rates and swimmers are invited make use of the pool and recently refurbished changing rooms.