Huntingdon garden transformed for Anglia in Bloom
- Credit: Archant
After spending months transforming a garden in Huntingdon, volunteers presented it to the judges of Anglia in Bloom.
The green space at the Huntingdon MS Therapy Centre, in Mayfield Road, had been given a complete redesign so it was decided that the garden would be entered into the competition.
Chairman of Moor in Bloom Jill Watkin-Taverner, said: “The judges were so impressed and very interested in the work that has been done to the garden.”
Rarely used by those who get therapy at the centre the garden was uninviting and overgrown but it now has a wildlife corridor, vegetable patch and fish pond.
“We are still raising money for paths to be put in and perhaps an outdoor therapy centre,” said Jill.
You may also want to watch:
The garden has been included as a part of the North Ward /Oxmoor under the entry in urban community.
Winners will be announced in September.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 4 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 5 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 6 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 7 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 8 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 9 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 10 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer