Huntingdon funeral director pair in 61-mile cycle challenge
FUNERAL directors Brendan Smith and Tamara Fulcher will be swapping their sombre work clothes for something rather more sporty when they take on a charity cycle ride at the end of the month.
The intrepid pair are planning to ride the 61 miles from Huntingdon to Hunstanton, starting their marathon journey on Friday August 26 at 6.00am.
Brendan, who works for The Anglia Co-operative Funerals in Huntingdon, said: “Neither of us has done anything like this before, so it will be a real challenge for both of us. I would like to thank Grafham Bike Care for their support and guidance.”
Brendan is hoping that the sponsored cycle ride will raise more than �200 for EACH, the East Anglian Children’s Hospice.
He said: “EACH is our chosen charity this year. We held a fun run in June, and I decided to do the cycle ride to raise even more funds.
“By the time we get to Hunstanton, I think we will be ready for a celebratory drink, and perhaps some fish and chips.”
Tamara, who works at George James and Son of March, part of the Anglia Co-operative Funerals group, is raising money for Sue Ryder Care, at Thorpe Hall in Peterborough.
- 1 Tributes for Godmanchester mum Lisa Leader who passed away on Friday
- 2 Young man dies on B645 near St Neots following a head-on crash
- 3 Businesswoman who launched popular St Ives shop has died
- 4 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
- 5 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 6 The Real Pie Company has opened in Huntingdon
- 7 Auditor who fell ill on eve of farmgate report not returning to council
- 8 Ex-wife of killer Colin Hill shares rape ordeal more than 30 years on
- 9 Drugs uncovered in Huntingdon home
- 10 Drug Dealer from Huntingdon has been sentenced
Anyone wanting to support the cyclists can do so by sending a cheque written to either of the charities, and sending it to Anglia Co-operative Funerals, 3 St Peter’s Road, Huntingdon, Cambs, PE29 7AA.