Huntingdon Ford dealership worker shaves head for charity
- Credit: Archant
A Ford dealership employee has had her hair shaved to raise funds for a cancer charity.
Jackie Foreman, a service adviser, has been working at the Huntingdon branch of TC Harrison for 14 years.
On Friday (October 24), the 54-year-old went under the clippers, which were entrusted to hairdressing students from Huntingdonshire Regional College.
The head shave was watched by a large crowd of staff who were in fancy dress for Wear It Pink Day in aid of the Breast Cancer Campaign.
Last year, Mrs Foreman raised £500 for charity when she dyed her hair pink and this year she has already raised £1,051.
You may also want to watch:
“I said if we did the ‘pink day’ again this year I would shave my head, so I did.
“They cut the ponytail off first and that will be donated to the Little Princess Trust, which makes wigs for cancer patients.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 6 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 7 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 8 'Trolley waits' hit high for trust that oversees Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 9 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 10 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
“Then they used the clippers and there was nothing left. It felt a bit weird at first but it’s growing on me.
“I couldn’t have done it without the support of the team here at Huntingdon.”