Huntingdon Ford dealership worker shaves head for charity
- Credit: Archant
A Ford dealership employee has had her hair shaved to raise funds for a cancer charity.
Jackie Foreman, a service adviser, has been working at the Huntingdon branch of TC Harrison for 14 years.
On Friday (October 24), the 54-year-old went under the clippers, which were entrusted to hairdressing students from Huntingdonshire Regional College.
The head shave was watched by a large crowd of staff who were in fancy dress for Wear It Pink Day in aid of the Breast Cancer Campaign.
Last year, Mrs Foreman raised £500 for charity when she dyed her hair pink and this year she has already raised £1,051.
“I said if we did the ‘pink day’ again this year I would shave my head, so I did.
“They cut the ponytail off first and that will be donated to the Little Princess Trust, which makes wigs for cancer patients.
- 1 Cambridgeshire zoo 'devastated' following death of white Bengal tiger
- 2 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 3 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 4 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 5 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
- 6 Huntingdon thief jailed after stealing watch, iPod and iPhone from vehicles
- 7 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 8 East West Rail host public event to discuss controversial project
- 9 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 10 Silent protest at Camp Beagle as vans leave the site
“Then they used the clippers and there was nothing left. It felt a bit weird at first but it’s growing on me.
“I couldn’t have done it without the support of the team here at Huntingdon.”