Green light for Trime’s environmentally-friendly tower
- Credit: Archant
Environment-friendly lighting tower firm Trime UK is celebrating after it won international recognition with a Green Apple award for its X-Solar Hybrid system which can save users hundreds of pounds a month on fuel bills.
Huntingdon-based Trime has seen the X-Solar Hybrid’s sustainable credentials being recognised by the international, independent, non-political, environment group The Green Organisation and follows on from a 2018 award for its water-saving X-Splash wash bay system.
Now senior representatives from Trime have been invited to a glittering presentation ceremony at the Houses of Parliament in November when they will be presented with their award.
Paul Hay, UK managing director, said: “We are delighted to receive this accolade. Environmental issues concerning the use of fossil fuels on sites are a major subject, so we have been focussing our product development to promote the use of renewables.
“To have the X-Solar Hybrid officially acknowledged as a sustainable product is extremely satisfying.”
You may also want to watch:
Trime has all the bases covered with the X-Solar Hybrid tower which features LED lighting powered by a combination of solar energy and battery power, all backed-up by an engine-driven battery charging system to ensure continual illumination.
The system features four 100 watt lamps which deliver a light coverage of 2400 square metres, combined with up to 3000 hours of uninterrupted running without refuelling.
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 3 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 4 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 5 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 Reflect on the 'rich tints of Autumn' at open gardens this weekend
- 8 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 9 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
Trime said that for 95 per cent of its operation the X-Solar Hybrid emitted zero noise, along with 97 per cent zero emissions.
The firm’s engineers have calculated that the X-Solar Hybrid will bring significant cost savings and environmental gains when compared to a standard lighting tower, using just £5 of fuel per month - a dramatic reduction from the £457 diesel bill for traditional systems.
The Green Apple Awards began in 1994 and have become established as the country’s major recognition for environmental endeavour among companies, councils, communities and countries with the Green Organisation working to recognise and promote environmental best practice around the world.
Trime UK Limited supplies many of the leading UK and Ireland rental firms with eco-sensitive LED site lighting equipment and is part of the Trime Group, based near Milan.