TWO dogs had to be saved from a house threatened by fire on Saturday afternoon. A crew from Huntingdon was called at 4.10pm to reports of a fence on fire in Churchill Avenue, Wyton, and arrived to discover the fire was threatening to spread to a nearby house. Firefighters gained access to the property to remove the two dogs inside, and extinguished the fire using a hose reel. The fire, believed to have started accidentally, severely damaged the back door and caused smoke-logging of the ground floor. A fire service spokesman said: This fire demonstrates how quickly fires can spread in the summer when the weather is warm and dry. What starts as a small fire can easily become a devastating house fire.