Huntingdon designer to showcase work at Hampton Court show
- Credit: Archant
An award-winning garden designer from Huntingdon is to showcase some of his work at this year’s Hampton Court Palace Flower Show.
Stephen Hall, who has won nine awards for his work at the Royal Horticultural Society’s Chelsea and Hampton Court shows, will be designing a water garden on behalf of show sponsor Viking Cruises.
Mr Hall said: “It is a great honour to be working alongside the best garden designers from the UK and around the world at this year’s RHS Hampton Court Palace Flower Show.
“To be given the opportunity to create a garden for the headline sponsor, Viking Cruises, is a fantastic opportunity and I hope visitors gain a real sense of destination and adventure when viewing the finished garden in July.”
His garden will feature a rowing boat resting on a pebble beach where large boulders will be placed. A gravel path will lead visitors to the door of a house which will nestle into an earth mound covered by meadow grass sparsely colonised with wildflowers. The design will also feature plenty of sedges, ferns and grasses, while native trees and shrubs provide the backdrop.
You may also want to watch:
The RHS Hampton Court Palace Flower Show will run from July 5-10. For further information or to buy tickets, visit the RHS website at www.rhs.org.uk/hamptoncourt
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 3 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 4 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 5 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 6 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 7 Cambridgeshire MP pays tribute to 'very, very good friend' Sir David Amess
- 8 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 9 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages
- 10 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder