Huntingdon County Primary School photos - Can you help?
FORMER Huntingdon County Primary School teacher Alan Butler is appealing for anyone who might know the remaining mystery names in a series of photos.
Mr Butler, 68, of Hartford has spent ten years organising hundreds of pictures of class life at Huntingdon County Primary School since the 1940s.
He found the collection in a dusty corner of the school just before his retirement from full-time teaching in 2000, and now needs a helping hand filling in the blanks.
He said: “Most of the photos were loose. I have got five albums in near as chronological order as I can get, but it has not been easy finding that many names.”
The school opened in 1947 with 327 children. It was located in Ambury Road, but was closed in July 26 1963, and re-opened as two separate sites - junior and infants.
You may also want to watch:
The two sites merged again in 2009 to become Huntingdon Primary School. Mr Butler served as a full-time teacher at the school from 1972 to 2000, and was there as a pupil until 1955. If anyone can help with identifying the missing names contact Mr Butler on 01480 52529 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 4 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 5 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 6 Gym members raise funds for children with cancer
- 7 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 8 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 9 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k